These mindfulness courses have been created in two ways:
1. Bespoke courses for individual family units or small groups of friends with their parents/guardians in your own home.
2. Open family mindfulness courses for a mix of families who can come together to learn on specific dates at Maple Leaf Counselling Centre.
During these bespoke and open family courses we will cover the following (and much more!)
- The ways in which anxiety and worry can be reduced
- How to regulate emotions and improve concentration
- Self compassion and acceptance
- The science behind why mindfulness works
Who will benefit from these bespoke and open courses?
- Children who would like to improve their concentration
- Adults and children who would like to boost their confidence
- Any family member who is struggling with stress, anxiety or anger
- Adults and children with autism, dyslexia and other special educational needs
What is the difference between the two courses?
- Open courses at Maple Leaf Counselling Centre are pre-planned with dates and times set in advance.
- You will meet other families in the open courses and they are suitable for children aged 9 – 11 alongside their parents/guardians.
- Bespoke courses are written for you and can be for children aged 5 and over in your own home. Dates and times are flexible. These are suitable for 3 or more people.
Both courses include guided meditations, mindfulness techniques and piano meditations. You will learn how to incorporate mindfulness into your life, react mindfully and take good care of yourself and others which will bring about a boost in your mental health.
When we learn mindfulness techniques together, we practice together and grow our knowledge. When we share our learning we hold each other accountable.
The next open family mindfulness course starts in January 2020.
The course is held at Maple Leaf Counselling Centre, Yew Tree House, 162 Illshaw Heath Road, Hockley Heath, Solihull, B94 6DL
This 4 week (4 hours) course costs £45 per adult and £30 per child paid in advance.