Solihull Mindfulness works with various size companies to support the development of mindfulness and bring the best out in people. Mindfulness teaches us to be more present and see things with a fresh pair of eyes. Mindfulness allows us to react to situations with greater intention, responding more objectively rather than based on preconceived notions or knee jerk emotional reactions.
Mindfulness involves consciously bringing awareness to your here-and-now experience with openness, curiosity and flexibility and the American Doctor Jon Kabat-Zinn defines it as: “Paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non-judgmentally.”
Meditation is just one way to practice mindfulness. It is a technique that encourages and develops emotional positivity, a calm mind and clarity of thoughts. With regular practice, meditation offers a way to cultivate new and more positive ways of being, and nourishing a more peaceful mind.
Many professionals feel exhausted, stressed and anxious due to increased workloads, pressure, targets and a whole host of other reasons. We often live in a state of mindlessness whereby our attention is divided between many things at once. It is a state where we are rarely present in our own lives.
Mindfulness training in your workplace can help you and your colleagues make major positive changes which include:
- Increased resilience
- Improved problem solving and creativity
- Lower levels of work-related stress
- Better communication and listening skills
- Better focus and concentration
- Greater levels of job satisfaction
Health/wellbeing benefits of practising mindfulness:
- Calmness from within
- An improved level of concentration and focus
- Accepting of thoughts and feelings and being able to let go of them
- More clarity, peace of mind and emotional balance
- Develop self-acceptance and self-compassion
Benefits of mindfulness documented in clinical research:
- Stress reduction
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Pain reduction
- Anxiety reduction
Solihull Mindfulness programmes are bespoke to you and include handouts, self-reflection exercises, audio recordings of your guided meditations and information packs.
I can deliver a range of mindfulness activities tailored to meet the needs of your organisation, such as:
- One off workshops or seminars
- Courses (typically up to 6 weeks)
- Drop-in or taster sessions
- 1:1 work
- Early morning short sessions before work begins.
- Day time and evening sessions
I have worked in a fast paced industry for over 30 years as well as having many time consuming commitments out of work. When some colleagues and myself were recommended to take part in one of Ceinwen’s courses I was sceptical as to whether it could have an impact on my lifestyle. How wrong I was. I cannot give enough praise to Mindfulness Meditation. Ceinwen has empowered me to use techniques that give you “Me Time”. Ceinwen is an engaging coach who I can highly recommend.
We work with and are recommended by: